Throughout the summer, Bodenseehof runs Family Conferences & Youth Camps where up to 100 guests come each week to be fed from the Word of God. But the ministry doesn’t stop there. Through good program opportunities, a loving community, a clean house, and great food we also share the life of Christ through practically serving our guests with love. Being an intense time – with a full house up to eight weeks long – we need all the help we can get! If you would like to serve as a summer volunteer, we are still looking to fill the following positions:
- Housekeeping Helpers: daily house work & cleaning between conferences
- Kitchen Helpers: daily kitchen work (food prep, cleaning floors…) & washing dishes three times a day
- April 18-28, 2019
- July 14 - September 7, 2019: stay at least 2 weeks or up to the whole summer!
- April through August: one long term housekeeping volunteer
In housekeeping, the volunteer schedule varies from day to day but for the most part, we ask our volunteers to work in the house in the mornings (from breakfast to lunch) and often times to help after lunch with clean up and dishes.
The program for the guests begins again at dinner, therefore we ask that our volunteers come back for dinner and either help out again with clean up and dishes or help out with certain program points in the evenings (babysitting, serving, work in snack shop, etc…).
Most days, volunteers have the afternoon off. This is a great time to rest, relax, hang out with other staff & guests, or enjoy the Bodensee. Of course, when volunteers have their scheduled day off, they don’t have to show up for any work!
The daily conference schedule usually determines our kitchen volunteer work times. Every morning there will be work to be done in food prep and cleaning.
After every meal – breakfast, lunch, and dinner – our volunteers should expect up to an hour and a half of dishes. There are of course others around to help, but we often ask our kitchen volunteers to come into the kitchen at different times (for instance, before meals) to start cleaning up.
Most afternoons our volunteers have off but there may be times when there is work to be done in the kitchen. On some evenings, we may ask them to help with program points (babysitting, serving, working in snack shop, etc…). Of course, when volunteers have their scheduled day off, they don’t have to show up for any work and are able to enjoy some rest on the Bodensee!
7:30: Staff Breakfast
8:00: Staff Devotions
8:30 - 10:30: Breakfast Dishes or kitchen/housekeeping duties
10:30 - 12:30: Duties & Jobs in House & Kitchen
13:00 - 14:30: Lunch Dishes
14:30 - 18:00: Free Time (there may be exceptions where your department needs help)
19:00 - 20:15: Supper Dishes
20:15 - 21:30: Program help needed (but not every night - your department leaders will plan you in at the beginning of the week so you know which evenings you have off and which we've planned you in to help out)
Please note: this is only an example. Exceptions are possible
- All volunteers should be at least 18 years old
- Please note, that due to strict visa and work regulations, all volunteers must have a valid EU visa. Bodenseehof cannot help in getting an official visa for their time.
What we can offer you
- free Room & Board
- 1 ½ days off per week (starting for those who volunteer at least two weeks)
- time off to enjoy the beautiful Bodensee
- a chance to be a part of the Bodenseehof staff and community
- pocket money (starting for those who volunteer at least four weeks)