Throughout the summer, Bodenseehof runs Family Conferences & Youth Camps where up to 100 guests come each week to be fed from the Word of God. But the ministry doesn’t stop there. Through good program opportunities, a loving community, a clean house, and great food we also share the life of Christ through practically serving our guests with love. Being an intense time – with a full house up to eight weeks long – we need all the help we can get! If you would like to serve as a volunteer, we are looking forward to receieving your application.
December 29th 2022 - January 3rd 2023
March 27th 2023 - July 22nd 2023
April 3rd 2023 - April 17th 2023
July 10th 2023 - September 9th 2023
The volunteer schedule varies from day to day, but for the most part, we ask our volunteers to help with breakfast dishes and work in the house in the mornings (from breakfast to lunch), and sometimes to help after lunch with clean up and dishes. Most days, you will have the afternoon off. This is a great time to rest, relax, hang out with other staff, and enjoy the Bodensee. The program for the guests begins again at dinner, therefore we ask our volunteers to come back for dinner and either help out again with clean up and dishes or help out with certain program points in the evenings (babysitting, serving, work in snack shop, etc…). Once a week will be change over day, where the guests leave and new guests arrive. These days we are very busy with cleaning the whole house and making it ready for new guests together with other staffmembers.
Of course, when you have your scheduled day off, you won’t have to show up for any work!
7:30: Staff Breakfast
8:00: Staff Devotions
8:30 - 10:30: Breakfast Dishes or kitchen/housekeeping duties
10:30 - 12:30: Duties & Jobs in House & Kitchen
13:00 - 14:30: Lunch Dishes
14:30 - 18:00: Free Time (there may be exceptions where your department needs help)
19:00 - 20:15: Supper Dishes
20:15 - 21:30: Program help needed (but not every night - your department leaders will plan you in at the beginning of the week so you know which evenings you have off and which we've planned you in to help out)
Please note: this is only an example. Exceptions are possible
- All volunteers should be at least 18 years old
- Please note, that due to strict visa and work regulations, all volunteers must have a valid EU visa. Bodenseehof cannot help in getting an official visa for their time.
- Under the current conditions, we will gladly process international volunteer applications, but cannot guarantee a spot. We will keep you informed on any changes. Thank you for understanding.
What we can offer you
- free Room & Board
- 1 ½ days off per week (starting for those who volunteer at least two weeks)
- time off to enjoy the beautiful Bodensee
- a chance to be a part of the Bodenseehof staff and community
- pocket money (starting for those who volunteer at least four weeks)